Changing the background in Brush Ninja is a quick way to make your animation stand out. There are a variety of options for changing the background.
Search for an Image Online
This feature allows you to find an appropriate image on a large online database and then drop the image directly into your animation.
Enter your chosen phrase into the search box and you will be presented with a list of options. Click the image you like and you will be shown a preview which you can either use, or go back to the search to try again.
Use your own Image
This is a fun one. You can upload an image from your computer. This can be a photo you have taken, or drawn, or something you have found on the internet.
This image will be resized to the size of the animation. By default this is 512 x 512 (the size will be shown when you are uploading the image).
Use your webcam
If you have a webcam then you can use it to take a photo of you or your surroundings and use that for a animation.
Select a colour
By default the animation has a white background colour. This colour can be changed here.
Remove the background
This makes the background totally transparent. You will then see a grid of squares behind the animation. For most this isn’t needed, but if you export an animated gif with no background then the background of the gif will also be transparent allowing the webpage it is placed on to show from underneath.
How to Use Brush Ninja
- Brush Ninja Interface
- Colours - Fill and Line colours, and how to pick custom colours
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Select Mode - Move, Scale, Rotate, Skew, Group, Duplicate, Copy and Paste
- Shapes & Stickers
How to Upload Animations
- How to Access Downloaded Animations on Android
- How to Export your Animation
- How to Upload Brush Ninja Animations to Google Docs and Google Slides
- How to Upload Brush Ninja Animations to Instagram
- How to access downloaded animations on iOS
- How to Save your Animation
- How to Upload Brush Ninja Animations to SeeSaw
- How to Upload Brush Ninja Animations to Twitter
- How to Convert an Animated Gif to a video