Adding animations to Instagram is an awesome way to add variety to your stream, but it’s not straight forward. They don’t allow gifs, but you can upload videos.
So what we need to do is convert the gif to a video, and to do that we can either:
- Convert the Gif to an MP4 on Brush Ninja (may not work in all web browsers).
- Use a third party desktop app. Personally I use Screenflow.
Using the Brush Ninja converter is the best option but it may not work for everyone. You must be using the latest version of Google Chrome.
Giphy is great, and free. But the workflow is a little cumbersome.
Using a third party app is easy, if you know how to use the software, but if you’re not into video editing then there can be a learning curve. Plus you have to pay for the software.
- To use Giphy you will need an account which is free to create.
- Then upload your animation
- You can then follow the instructions on the Giphy website for posting to Instagram.
How to Use Brush Ninja
- Getting Started with Animation
- Using the Brush Ninja editor
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Glossary of Animation Terms