Students will be able to identify and describe the different systems in the human body by creating an animated gif using Brush Ninja.
- Computers or tablets with internet access
- Brush Ninja website
- Chart paper or whiteboard
- Begin the lesson by asking students if they know what a system is. Discuss examples of systems such as a transportation system or water system.
- Introduce the concept of human body systems. Ask students if they can name any of them.
- Using chart paper or a whiteboard, create a chart with the different human body systems: circulatory, respiratory, digestive, skeletal, muscular, nervous.
- Divide students into groups and assign each group one of the systems to research and present.
- Using computers or tablets, direct students to visit Brush Ninja and create an animated gif that illustrates their assigned system.
- Encourage students to use color, animation, and text to make their gif informative and engaging for their classmates.
- After completing their gifs, have each group present their findings while displaying their animation on screen.
Assess student understanding through observation during class discussion and presentation of animated gifs.
For advanced learners, encourage them to research more about specific organs within each system and how they contribute to its overall function. Have them create additional animations showcasing this information using Brush Ninja.
More Science Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
Finally got around to trying brush.ninja & the kids LOVED IT. They didn’t want me to share because they weren’t done but I had to. Thanks to @timneedles for sharing at @NYSCATE
The challenge is to animate a word that becomes itself. (car, car, wave, cat) draft#1Tweeted by Bryan Zevotek
Learning how to make some more GIFS from @brushninja - they had so much fun today- great way to practice making sentences. #writingisfun 😃😆🇫🇷Tweeted by Penny Hensler
3rd graders used #BrushNinja to create a positive message with others! Look at this sweet message from a student!Tweeted by Jocelyn Hinojosa
On Friday, students created an animated gif depicting an element of feudalism of their choice. They loved using @BinaryMoon‘s awesome https://Brush.Ninja application.Tweeted by Sara McConnel