Students will understand the effects of pollution on the environment and be able to create an animated gif using Brush Ninja to demonstrate their knowledge.
- Computer or tablets with internet access
- Projector or smartboard for whole-class instruction
- Paper and pencils for brainstorming ideas
- Begin by discussing with students what pollution is and its impact on the environment.
- Show examples of different types of pollution such as air pollution, water pollution, and land pollution using images or videos.
- Engage students in a class discussion about how pollution affects plants, animals, and humans.
- Provide each student with paper and pencils.
- Ask students to brainstorm ideas about specific examples of pollution they have observed in their own community or around the world.
- Encourage them to think about both visible and invisible forms of pollution.
Animated Gif Creation
- Introduce Brush Ninja to the class, explaining that it is a free online tool that allows users to create simple animated gifs.
- Demonstrate how to navigate Brush Ninja’s interface and use its features, such as drawing tools, frames, stickers, etc.
- Instruct students to create an animated gif using Brush Ninja that depicts one aspect of pollution they identified during the brainstorming session.
- For example, they could create an animation showing smoke coming out of factory chimneys or garbage polluting a river.
- Encourage creativity and remind students to include captions or labels within their animations to explain what is happening.
- Give each student an opportunity to present their animated gifs to the class.
- After each presentation, ask other students questions related to the content shown in the animation to encourage active engagement.
- Observe students’ participation during the class discussion and brainstorming session.
- Assess the quality of their animated gifs in terms of creativity, relevance to the topic, and clarity of message.
- Have students research a specific type of pollution (e.g., air pollution caused by vehicles) and create a short report or presentation on its causes, effects, and possible solutions.
- Ask students to design posters or pamphlets using Brush Ninja that raise awareness about the importance of reducing pollution.
- Encourage them to include statistics, facts, and eye-catching visuals in their designs.
- Engage students in a discussion about actions they can take individually or as a class to reduce pollution.
- Have them create an action plan using Brush Ninja that outlines their ideas and strategies for making a positive impact on the environment.
More Environment Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
LOVING these Traditional Literature http://Brush.Ninja animations created by 4th graders in the @nisdbeard Library!! From Cinderella to Leagend of the Indian Paintbrush! Great workTweeted by Elizabeth Robles
So much fun with @TechCoachRobles this morning as we challenged these ALPHA students to learn about an environmental justice hero and create a representative gif using Brush Ninja. They were fabulous!Tweeted by Rachel Friedrich
Day before thanksgiving + pirate day? animated SWBST organizers for “How to Catch A Turkey” with @DanielleGanze’s friends. Thanks @AltmanITS for sharing this resource!Tweeted by Ms. Taylor Jacobson
We were busy bees in 2nd grade today! 2A celebrated Eid thanks to Seyd and Ariana, created landforms, and used Brush Ninja with Mrs. Murphy. 🌙🏔️🎨Tweeted by Amanda Adamonis
Today we used the text tool on Brush Ninja to practice our spelling words. Brilliant effort as always from Room 5!Tweeted by Mrs Gray