Students will be able to understand the concept of algebraic equations and create their own animated gifs depicting simple equations using Brush Ninja.
- Laptops or tablets with internet access
- Projector or smart board to display instructions and examples
- Worksheet with algebraic equation problems
- Pencils, erasers, colored pencils/crayons
- Review the concept of numbers and basic operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Introduce the concept of algebraic equations as a way to represent mathematical ideas using letters and symbols.
- Show students how to use Brush Ninja to create an animated gif.
- Explain that they will be creating their own gifs representing simple algebraic equations.
- Distribute worksheets with algebraic equation problems.
- Instruct students to solve each problem and then draw an animation in Brush Ninja that represents the equation.
Assessment will be based on student participation in creating animated gifs that accurately represent given algebraic equations.
Advanced students can try creating more complex equations or animating multiple steps in a problem. They can also experiment with different animation techniques or effects in Brush Ninja.
More Math Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
We were wrapping up our pizza unit last week and tried making our own GIF’s using #BrushNinja! Loved seeing the students creativity!Tweeted by Mme Allen
Second graders were pretty creative today with their dot animations.Tweeted by Pamela Reece
Sts show what they know about #atoms by creating #gifs in Brush.Ninja. It’s a great way to have sts express their creativity!Tweeted by Elizabeth Reale
Don’t you just love it when your Ss don’t want to go to lunch 😁 Their challenge - use @brushninja to show someone who has taken action, in a way that explains an action they have taken Can you guess who they are?Tweeted by Donna Golightly
So much fun with @TechCoachRobles this morning as we challenged these ALPHA students to learn about an environmental justice hero and create a representative gif using Brush Ninja. They were fabulous!Tweeted by Rachel Friedrich