Students will learn how to create engaging and effective animated presentations using Brush Ninja, a free online animated gif maker. They will also develop public speaking and presentation skills by presenting their animated presentations to the class.
- Computers or tablets with internet access for each student or group of students.
- Access to Brush Ninja.
- Headphones (optional).
- Teacher introduces the topic of public speaking and presentation skills, and explains how animation can be an effective way to engage an audience.
- Teacher briefly explains the features of Brush Ninja and demonstrates how it works.
- Students are divided into groups of 2-3 and given access to computers/tablets with internet access.
- Each group visits the Brush Ninja website, selects/ draws a background, characters, objects, and creates an animated presentation that lasts between 20 seconds or more.
- Students are encouraged to use sound effects, stickers, dialogue boxes etc.
- Each student presents their animated presentation in front of their peers while other students provide feedback on the clarity of message communicated through their animations.
Students’ understanding will be assessed through:
- Quality of animation created using Brush Ninja
- Clarity of message conveyed in the animated presentations
- Presentation delivery skills during practice session
Advanced students who finish early may complete additional activity:
- Research on the best practices of using animations in presentations
- Create longer animated videos using advanced tools like Powtoon or Adobe Spark Video, and present to the class.
More English Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
Coming back to what I learned from @EdTxAnn and @Tommyspall’s presentation from last year’s @TCEA conference. Using https://gifmaker.me and a series of @google Drawings, downloaded as png, to create animated gif for Lewis Dot ionic bond formation.Tweeted by EfrenR
Second graders were pretty creative today with their dot animations.Tweeted by Pamela Reece
@KujawaES_AISD, third graders are creating images involving the Sun using brush ninja.Tweeted by JGTaylor
Day 7 of our Digital Advent Calendar and we have a Christmas themed gif. This animation was made using BrushNinja by one of our Primary 6 Digital Leaders. Why not give it a go at https://brush.ninjaTweeted by Mearns Primary & Nursery