Students will understand the concept of the Industrial Revolution and its impact on society. Students will create an animated gif using Brush Ninja to showcase key inventions or changes during the Industrial Revolution.
- Computers or tablets with internet access
- Projector or interactive whiteboard
- Worksheet with questions about the Industrial Revolution (printed copies)
- Pencils and erasers
- Begin by asking students if they have ever heard of the Industrial Revolution. Allow a few responses and initiate a brief discussion.
- Explain that the Industrial Revolution was a time period when there were significant advancements in technology, manufacturing, transportation, and agriculture.
- Show a short video or present images that depict life before and after the Industrial Revolution to provide context for students.
- Engage students in a class discussion about key inventions and changes during the Industrial Revolution.
- Write down their responses on the board, encouraging them to think about how these inventions impacted society, work, and daily life.
- Divide students into small groups or pairs.
- Provide each group with printed copies of the worksheet containing questions related to different aspects of the Industrial Revolution (e.g., inventions, factory conditions).
- Instruct students to use computers or tablets with internet access to research and find answers to their assigned questions.
- Encourage them to take notes as they gather information.
Brush Ninja Animated Gif Creation
- Explain that students will now be using Brush Ninja, an online animated gif maker, to create their own gifs showcasing key inventions or changes during the Industrial Revolution.
- Demonstrate how Brush Ninja works.
- Allow students to work individually or in pairs to create their own animated gifs.
- Encourage creativity and remind students to include captions or labels to explain the significance of each scene.
- Have students present their animated gifs to the class, explaining the key inventions or changes they depicted and their importance during the Industrial Revolution.
- Use a rubric or checklist to assess student understanding of the topic and their ability to effectively communicate information through the animated gif.
Students can conduct further research on specific inventors or inventions from the Industrial Revolution and create mini-biographies using Brush Ninja’s animation features.
Students can write short narratives imagining themselves living during the Industrial Revolution and describe how these technological advancements would impact their lives. They can then create accompanying animated gifs using Brush Ninja to visually depict their narratives.
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
Multi-step multiplication and division problems broken down in steps using Brush Ninja!Tweeted by Kaylee Roznovsky
My scholars also wanted to draw and create a GIF today. So, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to introduce them to Brush Ninja. They had to create a GIF about the French and Indian War. It was an instant hit!Tweeted by Historytechie
3rd graders @NISDBeard are becoming digital animators using Brush.Ninja! After reading Grandma and the Great Gourd: A Bengali Folktale, students chose a part of the story to animate. Such a fun way for students to show what they know! WTG, @RobinBartel!Tweeted by Elizabeth Robles
Brush Ninja today in the LC! Thanks to my colleague (and fellow tech masters student) @HorsmanMs for sharing this with our Masters group on Tuesday! Ss were excited! Definitely some great ways to apply this to social group discussions!Tweeted by Jennifer Funke
Coming back to what I learned from @EdTxAnn and @Tommyspall’s presentation from last year’s @TCEA conference. Using https://gifmaker.me and a series of @google Drawings, downloaded as png, to create animated gif for Lewis Dot ionic bond formation.Tweeted by EfrenR