Students will be able to graph linear equations on a coordinate plane and create animated gifs using Brush Ninja.
- Pencils, erasers, rulers, and graph paper.
- Computers or tablets with internet access.
- Brush Ninja website.
- Begin by reviewing the concept of graphing linear equations on a coordinate plane.
- Ask students to open the Brush Ninja website on their computers or tablets.
- Demonstrate how to use the line tool to draw a straight line from one point to another on the canvas.
- Provide students with several linear equations and ask them to graph each equation on the coordinate plane using the line tool in Brush Ninja.
- After completing each illustration, they should save it as an image and insert it into a Google Slides presentation as evidence of their work.
The teacher can assess student understanding through observation while they are working on their graphs in Brush Ninja. Students can present their completed Google Slides presentations for assessment after completion.
For advanced learners, instruct them to create an animated gif that shows how one line transforms into another with different slopes or y-intercepts based on given instructions. They could also try creating more complex animations such as two lines intersecting or parallel lines using different colors for each line segment. Alternatively, students could research real-world applications of linear equations and create interactive animations that show how these applications work in practice.
More Math Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
“This day just keeps getting better and better!” ~3rd grade student Students in Mrs.Quintero’s class @NISDFranklinES used brush ninja to create a Gif with a holiday message for their parents! #NISDInnovateTweeted by Rosío Martínez-Apolinar
Don’t you just love it when your Ss don’t want to go to lunch 😁 Their challenge - use @brushninja to show someone who has taken action, in a way that explains an action they have taken Can you guess who they are?Tweeted by Donna Golightly
Brush Ninja today in the LC! Thanks to my colleague (and fellow tech masters student) @HorsmanMs for sharing this with our Masters group on Tuesday! Ss were excited! Definitely some great ways to apply this to social group discussions!Tweeted by Jennifer Funke
Last week P3 created Bonfire night and Remembrance Day GIFs using #BrushNinja and produced some fabulous work which they uploaded to their @padletTweeted by Mrs Waddell