Students will understand the concept of globalization and its impact on our interconnected world. They will create animated GIFs using Brush Ninja to represent different aspects of globalization.
- Computers or tablets with internet access
- Projector or interactive whiteboard
- Brush Ninja website
- Paper and pencils for brainstorming
- Begin by asking students if they have ever heard the term “globalization.” Discuss their prior knowledge and understanding of the term.
- Explain that globalization is the process of increasing interconnection between people, companies, and countries around the world.
- Show examples of how globalization has impacted our lives, such as international trade, cultural exchange, and technological advancements.
- Share real-world examples like popular brands found worldwide or global events like the Olympics.
- Divide students into small groups.
- Give each group a piece of paper and ask them to brainstorm ideas about different aspects of globalization: communication, transportation, culture, trade, etc.
- Encourage creative thinking and collaboration within groups.
Brush Ninja Animated GIF Creation
- Introduce Brush Ninja as a tool for creating animated GIFs.
- Demonstrate how to use Brush Ninja’s features: drawing tools, stickers, and timeline control etc.
- Provide step-by-step guidance on creating a simple animated GIF related to one aspect of globalization discussed in the previous activity. Example: Creating an animated GIF showing people from different countries communicating through technology or exchanging cultural symbols.
- Allow students to work individually or in pairs on creating their own animated GIFs using Brush Ninja based on their chosen aspect of globalization identified during the brainstorming activity.
- Circulate around the classroom to provide assistance, monitor progress, and encourage creativity.
Presentation and Discussion
- Provide time for students to present their animated GIFs to the class.
- Facilitate a discussion on how each animated GIF represents an aspect of globalization.
- Encourage students to ask questions and share their thoughts on the impact of globalization in our interconnected world.
- Observe student engagement during discussions and activities.
- Assess the understanding of globalization concepts through student participation in brainstorming sessions and GIF creation process.
- Evaluate the quality and creativity of students’ animated GIFs as they relate to aspects of globalization.
For further exploration, students can:
- Research specific examples or case studies where globalization has had positive or negative impacts on different countries or communities.
- Analyze famous works of art, literature, or music that reflect aspects of globalization and discuss their significance.
- Collaborate on creating a class project showcasing various animated GIFs representing different aspects of globalization.
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
🎨 For Digital Learning Day at @Trevvett_Elem, Ms. Lang’s Kindergarteners created animated CVC words using Brush Ninja! 🎨Tweeted by Jessica Sop
Day before thanksgiving + pirate day? animated SWBST organizers for “How to Catch A Turkey” with @DanielleGanze’s friends. Thanks @AltmanITS for sharing this resource!Tweeted by Ms. Taylor Jacobson
Today we used #BrushNinja to make our own spring break gifs to send to parents!!Tweeted by Vanessa Hannah
Check it out @Tommyspall. @RambelleTeacher and Mrs. Dyer getting ready to use Brush Ninja next week.Tweeted by Michael Ogg