Students should understand the concept of climate change and its consequences. Create an animated GIF using Brush Ninja to visually represent the consequences of climate change.
- Computers or tablets with internet access
- Projector or smartboard for whole-class viewing
- Begin by discussing the concept of climate change with the students. Give a brief explanation of what it is and why it is important to understand.
- Show examples of how climate change affects different aspects of our environment, such as melting glaciers, rising sea levels, extreme weather events, and endangered species.
- Engage students in a short discussion about their prior knowledge and experiences related to climate change.
- Divide the class into small groups or pairs.
- Assign each group a specific consequence of climate change to research further (e.g., droughts, wildfires, coral bleaching).
- Provide online resources or books for students to gather information about their assigned consequence.
- Students should create a list of key facts and findings about their topic.
Brush Ninja Tutorial
- Introduce Brush Ninja as an animated GIF maker tool.
- Demonstrate how to create an animated GIF using Brush Ninja by importing images, adding frames, and adjusting timing between frames.
- Ensure all students have access to Brush Ninja on their devices or computers.
Creating Animated GIFs
- In their small groups or pairs, have students use Brush Ninja to create animated GIFs that depict the consequences they researched earlier.
- For example, if a group was assigned droughts as a consequence of climate change, they can create an animation showing dried-up landscapes and wilting plants.
- Encourage students to be creative and think about how they can visually represent their chosen consequence through animation.
Presentations and Discussion
- Allow each group to present their animated GIFs to the class.
- After each presentation, engage in a brief discussion about the consequence depicted in the animation.
- Encourage students to ask questions and provide feedback on their classmates’ work.
- Observe students’ engagement and participation throughout the lesson.
- Evaluate the accuracy and depth of information gathered during research.
- Assess the creativity and effectiveness of students’ animated GIFs in representing consequences of climate change.
- Have students research and create additional animated GIFs that depict possible solutions or actions individuals can take to mitigate climate change.
- Display the animated GIFs around the classroom or school as visual reminders of the importance of addressing climate change.
More Environment Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
We read and compared Three Billy Goats Gruff and Three Billy Goats Buenos then used Brush Ninja to illustrate the differences.Tweeted by MBE Library
The Gr 3s @Ocean_View_Elem 💕💕💕 learning about Brush Ninja this morning for animating poetry, stories and more!Tweeted by Chris Cocek
Ms. Lenzi’s class enjoyed learning about living and nonliving things using Brush Ninja for digital learning day. Check out some of their art work!Tweeted by Baker Tigers