- Students will understand the concept of renewable energy sources and their importance in reducing our carbon footprint.
- Students will create an animated gif using Brush Ninja to showcase their knowledge and understanding of different renewable energy sources.
- Computers or tablets with internet access for each student or group of students.
- Brush Ninja animated gif maker.
- Research materials (books, articles, websites) about renewable energy sources.
- Begin by discussing with the students the importance of finding alternative energy sources that are sustainable and do not harm the environment.
- Ask students if they have heard about renewable energy sources such as solar power, wind power, hydroelectric power, geothermal energy, or biomass. Encourage them to share what they know.
Research and Exploration
- Divide students into small groups or pairs.
- Provide each group with research materials about one specific type of renewable energy source.
- Instruct students to read and gather information about their assigned source.
- Encourage them to take notes on key facts, benefits, limitations, and any interesting examples related to their assigned source.
Animated Gif Creation
- Introduce Brush Ninja as a tool for creating animated gifs.
- Demonstrate how to use Brush Ninja’s features and tools for creating simple frame-by-frame animations.
- Instruct students to open Brush Ninja on their devices and start creating an animated gif that showcases their assigned renewable energy source.
- Remind them to include relevant images or drawings representing the source along with text captions highlighting its benefits or interesting facts.
- Allow each group some time to finalize their animated gifs.
- Invite groups to present their gifs in front of the class while explaining the key features and benefits of their assigned renewable energy source.
- Encourage classmates to ask questions or provide feedback after each presentation.
- Observe students’ engagement during the research phase, their ability to collect relevant information, and their creativity in creating animated gifs using Brush Ninja.
- Evaluate students’ presentations based on the accuracy of their information about renewable energy sources and their ability to effectively communicate the key features and benefits of their assigned source through their animated gifs.
Students can research and present case studies showcasing real-life examples of how these renewable energy sources are being used in various parts of the world.
More Environment Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
Technology took over the Learning Centre today! Students became the teachers! They helped their friends learn how to use Osmos, Brush Ninja, Dash and the popular Beebots! Practicing social skills lessons on turn taking and compromising!Tweeted by Jennifer Funke
Thanks @hreitDIS for coming amd doing brush ninja with out kiddos. Kids read an article and created a gif to represent the main idea.Tweeted by Chad Phillips
2nd grade @GaeScubs developed models of plant, insect, & mammal life cycles using #BrushNinja. This friend included lots of details! GIFs were downloaded & shared in a class slideshow. Lots of connections to #HLP attributes & #DLI standards!Tweeted by Mandolyn Loftis