Students will be able to understand the concepts of magnetism and electromagnetism by creating an animated gif using Brush Ninja.
- Computers or tablets with internet access
- Brush Ninja website
- Magnet, iron filings, copper wire, battery
- Introduce the topic of magnetism and electromagnetism to students. Demonstrate an electromagnet with the magnet, iron filings, wire and battery.
- Discuss how electricity can create a magnetic field and how this is used in everyday devices like speakers and motors.
- Demonstrate how to use Brush Ninja.
- In groups, have students create their own animations showing different ways that magnets can be used or demonstrating electromagnetism in action.
- After completing their animations, have students present them to the class and explain how they demonstrate magnetism or electromagnetism.
Assessment will be based on student participation in group work, completion of the animated gif using Brush Ninja, and their ability to explain how their animation demonstrates magnetism or electromagnetism.
For extension activities, students could:
- Research other real-world applications of magnetism and electromagnetism such as MRI machines or maglev trains.
- Create more complex animations using Brush Ninja that show more advanced concepts related to magnetism or electromagnetism such as electromagnetic waves or magnetic fields.
← Literary Analysis: Analyzing Symbolism through Animated Gifs on Brush NinjaMedia Literacy and Critique Skills : Assessing the Effectiveness of Advertisements Through Animated Parodies Created on Brush ninja. →
More Science Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
4th Grade Ss used #BrushNinja to create their own #GIF . I love the choices they made to create this assignment. I’m so proud of their work & how it expresses their unique interests.Tweeted by Endeavour Tech
All of the kids want a robot to clean their roomsTweeted by Pamela Reece
Check out these cool animations from Room 7b. They have been learning about conservation and decided to use some Brush Ninja to show off their skills.Tweeted by Mrs Gray
Having too much fun testing out https://brush.ninja for my lesson on Thursday #sstlap #sschat #gildedageTweeted by Amanda Sandoval
Love watching my students creating animated GIFs on brush Ninja to create their own Vocab cards on mutual BONDS and stocks. Thanks again @tonyvincent and @jmattmiller for the idea 💡 #WeAreMCUSDTweeted by Ryan Read