Students will learn about color theory and how to use Brush Ninja to create animated gifs with different color combinations.
- Computers or tablets for each student or group of students
- Internet access
- Brush Ninja website
- Worksheets on color theory
- Colored pencils, markers, or crayons
- Introduce the concept of color theory and its importance in visual arts.
- Discuss primary colors (red, blue, yellow) and how they can be combined to make secondary colors (orange, green, purple).
- Discuss the colour wheel, complementary colors, and other color combinations.
- Provide a worksheet on color theory and have students practice mixing primary colors to make secondary colors.
- Show students how to access Brush Ninja on their computer or tablet.
- Demonstrate how to create an animation using Brush Ninja by drawing an object with multiple colors.
- Have students create an animation using Brush Ninja with at least three different color combinations.
- After completing the animations, have students share them with the class and discuss their use of color in their animations.
Assessment will be based on:
- Completion of the color theory worksheet
- Creativity in creating animated gifs using Brush Ninja
- Use of appropriate color combinations
For extension activities:
- Students can explore creating more complex animations with multiple frames using different colors.
- Students can research famous artists who used specific color palettes in their work and try to recreate similar animations using Brush Ninja.
- The class could collaborate on a larger animation project that explores different themes using various color schemes.
More Arts Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
Look at this wonderful creativity from Room 9, who loved using Brush Ninja today!! Mrs Ross was so impressed, she just had to share!!Tweeted by LanarkPrimarySchool&ELC
My science 10 students used Brush Ninja last week to create their own animations of things that they have learned in the ecology unit! Such a fun way to review concepts and show what they know!Tweeted by Mme. Martin
Kindergarten students in Mrs. Luxton’s class loved learning all about Brush Ninja and animating jack-o-lantern faces.Tweeted by Jaclyn E. Claytor
Demonstrating how Earth orbits around the Sun. Can’t wait to have my students do this next week.Tweeted by Olivia Quinteros