Students will learn basic statistical concepts such as data collection, representation, and analysis. They will also gain an understanding of probability through the use of animated gif maker, Brush Ninja.
- Access to a computer or tablet with internet access
- Brush Ninja website
- Worksheet for data collection and analysis
- Start by introducing students to the concept of statistics. Explain what it means and why it is important.
- Discuss different ways data can be collected such as surveys, observations, and experiments.
- Demonstrate how to use Brush Ninja to create simple animations that represent data.
- Give each student a worksheet that contains a set of questions about their favorite colors or foods etc., ask them to collect data from their peers by asking these questions.
- Students then use this data to create an animated gif using Brush Ninja that represents the collected information.
- Instruct students on how to analyze their animation and interpret the results in terms of probability.
- Discuss with students how data can be presented in different ways, including tables, charts, graphs etc.
Assess student’s knowledge on statistical concepts through formative assessment during class activities.
Encourage students to explore other applications of statistics in everyday life such as sports scores or weather forecasts. Ask them to create more complex animations using Brush Ninja that reflect these real-life situations.
More Math Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
A Grade 8 student’s work today using brush.ninja to show integer multiplication using a number line!Tweeted by Mike Bunin
The look on their faces says it all. Proud moment using Brush Ninja to create their own animations of the Earth’s Rotation.Tweeted by Laura Frey
Mrs. Faylor’s fifth-grade science whizzes @NISDGlenn have been hard at work! Check out these awesome GIFs they created using Brush Ninja to illustrate different mixtures and solutions.Tweeted by Gilbert Barrera
Life Cycle of a Fish Comes to Life! My first graders used Brush Ninja to create a GiF about the life cycle of a fish 😍Tweeted by Nancy Holguin
I enjoy that with #BrushNinja that when they turn in, it plays the gif on Google classroom. Also appreciate my 4th being so willing to experiment with technology.Tweeted by Betz Creative Chaos