Students will be able to create customized flashcards using Brush Ninja and use them to improve their vocabulary retention.
- Computers or tablets with internet access
- Brush Ninja website
- Vocabulary words list provided by the teacher
- Introduce the topic of vocabulary retention and explain how flashcards can help students remember new words.
- Show students how to access the Brush Ninja website and give a brief tutorial on how to use it.
- Provide a list of vocabulary words for students to work with.
- Instruct students to choose a word from the list and create an animated gif that represents that word using Brush Ninja.
- Once they have created their gif, they should add text to the image with the word’s definition and/or an example sentence.
- Encourage students to share their creations with classmates and discuss why they chose certain images or animations for their chosen words.
Assessment will be based on:
- Participation in class discussion
- Completion of an agreed amount of custom flashcards made using Brush Ninja
To extend this lesson, you could:
- Have students work in pairs or groups to create a set of flashcards related to a specific topic (e.g., science, history)
- Use the flashcards as a study tool before quizzes or exams
- Ask students to write sentences or short paragraphs using some of the new vocabulary words they learned from their custom flashcards
More English Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
My sixth graders enjoyed making their first animated GIFs today using #Brushninja that I learned while attending #NETA19. What fun!Tweeted by Elisa Beutler
Thanks to @CrosbyMiddle for supplying us with a Creativity A-Z resource. S’ and I have been learning a new one each week. This week http://Brush.ninja a great free site.Tweeted by Jenny Stith
Look at this wonderful creativity from Room 9, who loved using Brush Ninja today!! Mrs Ross was so impressed, she just had to share!!Tweeted by LanarkPrimarySchool&ELC
The kids were so excited to use brush.ninja from @BinaryMoon to show Adages and Proverbs and their meaning on @padlet. Clearly the explanation was important, but they will remember creating.Tweeted by Christin Lopez
Sts show what they know about #atoms by creating #gifs in Brush Ninja. It’s a great way to have sts express their creativity! #EveryoneCanCreate #edtechcoachTweeted by Elizabeth Reale