Students will be able to create customized flashcards using Brush Ninja and use them to improve their vocabulary retention.
- Computers or tablets with internet access
- Brush Ninja website
- Vocabulary words list provided by the teacher
- Introduce the topic of vocabulary retention and explain how flashcards can help students remember new words.
- Show students how to access the Brush Ninja website and give a brief tutorial on how to use it.
- Provide a list of vocabulary words for students to work with.
- Instruct students to choose a word from the list and create an animated gif that represents that word using Brush Ninja.
- Once they have created their gif, they should add text to the image with the word’s definition and/or an example sentence.
- Encourage students to share their creations with classmates and discuss why they chose certain images or animations for their chosen words.
Assessment will be based on:
- Participation in class discussion
- Completion of an agreed amount of custom flashcards made using Brush Ninja
To extend this lesson, you could:
- Have students work in pairs or groups to create a set of flashcards related to a specific topic (e.g., science, history)
- Use the flashcards as a study tool before quizzes or exams
- Ask students to write sentences or short paragraphs using some of the new vocabulary words they learned from their custom flashcards
More English Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
Students did a great job using Brush Ninja to create a setting scene from a book they read or story they wroteTweeted by Susanne Aucoin
Today we used the digital art tool Brush Ninja to create an animated Pudsey BearTweeted by FOG_Squirrels
The Gr 3s @Ocean_View_Elem 💕💕💕 learning about Brush Ninja this morning for animating poetry, stories and more!Tweeted by Chris Cocek
3rd graders using #BrushNinja to tell about the planet that NASA should visit next-included animation of the rocketTweeted by Pamela Reece
We were busy bees in 2nd grade today! 2A celebrated Eid thanks to Seyd and Ariana, created landforms, and used Brush Ninja with Mrs. Murphy. 🌙🏔️🎨Tweeted by Amanda Adamonis
A Grade 8 student’s work today using brush.ninja to show integer multiplication using a number line!Tweeted by Mike Bunin