Students will learn about character design and animation using Brush Ninja. They will create their own characters, animate them, and export them as animated gifs.
- Computers or laptops with internet access
- Brush Ninja website (https://brush.ninja/)
- Paper and pencils for sketching character designs
- Introduce the concept of character design and animation to the class.
- Show examples of animated gifs created with Brush Ninja.
- Discuss the elements of a good character design (e.g., silhouette, color, personality).
- Have students sketch their own character designs on paper.
- Introduce the Brush Ninja website and demonstrate how to use it to create animations.
- Guide students through the process of creating an animation using their character designs.
- Explain how to export an animated gif from Brush Ninja.
- Have students share their animations with the class and explain their design choices.
- Encourage students to continue exploring Brush Ninja on their own time and create more complex animations.
Assess students based on their ability to:
- Create a unique character design that demonstrates understanding of key design elements
- Use Brush Ninja effectively to create a simple animation that brings their character to life
- Export an animated gif from Brush Ninja
For advanced learners, encourage them to experiment with different tools in Brush Ninja such as brushes, text, stickers etc., which can help add more depth and complexity to their animations.
More Arts Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
#BrushNinja is a great tool to show the order of the planets and how they rotate around the sun.Tweeted by Nancy
It’s #DLDAY AT @CES_Cheetahs We are creating brush ninjas to show different forces reacting with objectsTweeted by TraLisha
P1-4 enjoyed using Brush Ninja on iPads and chrome books. The children created comic books on class and school rules 📕 It was our 1st time an a lot of fun was had 😆 Using both Google images and our own images representing our rulesTweeted by St Margaret's RC Primary School
Mrs. Faylor’s fifth-grade science whizzes @NISDGlenn have been hard at work! Check out these awesome GIFs they created using Brush Ninja to illustrate different mixtures and solutions.Tweeted by Gilbert Barrera
“This day just keeps getting better and better!” ~3rd grade student Students in Mrs.Quintero’s class @NISDFranklinES used brush ninja to create a Gif with a holiday message for their parents! #NISDInnovateTweeted by Rosío Martínez-Apolinar