Students will learn about character design and animation using Brush Ninja. They will create their own characters, animate them, and export them as animated gifs.
- Computers or laptops with internet access
- Brush Ninja website (https://brush.ninja/)
- Paper and pencils for sketching character designs
- Introduce the concept of character design and animation to the class.
- Show examples of animated gifs created with Brush Ninja.
- Discuss the elements of a good character design (e.g., silhouette, color, personality).
- Have students sketch their own character designs on paper.
- Introduce the Brush Ninja website and demonstrate how to use it to create animations.
- Guide students through the process of creating an animation using their character designs.
- Explain how to export an animated gif from Brush Ninja.
- Have students share their animations with the class and explain their design choices.
- Encourage students to continue exploring Brush Ninja on their own time and create more complex animations.
Assess students based on their ability to:
- Create a unique character design that demonstrates understanding of key design elements
- Use Brush Ninja effectively to create a simple animation that brings their character to life
- Export an animated gif from Brush Ninja
For advanced learners, encourage them to experiment with different tools in Brush Ninja such as brushes, text, stickers etc., which can help add more depth and complexity to their animations.
More Arts Lessons
Examples of Brush Ninja in Education
Coming back to what I learned from @EdTxAnn and @Tommyspall’s presentation from last year’s @TCEA conference. Using https://gifmaker.me and a series of @google Drawings, downloaded as png, to create animated gif for Lewis Dot ionic bond formation.Tweeted by EfrenR
The look on their faces says it all. Proud moment using Brush Ninja to create their own animations of the Earth’s Rotation.Tweeted by Laura Frey
I’m becoming increasingly obsessed with https://brush.ninja ….. #edtech #giforgif #gifsTweeted by Ange
Kids blow me away!!! It’s absolutely incredible how they take an idea and run with it. Check out this Brush Ninja GIF where this student explained an idiom. Wow!Tweeted by Coach Raonaq