Free Digital Creativity
2.6 - July 2022
- Update emoji art maker to allow image sharing through the url.
- Update the file format to make it a bit more flexible and faster to save and load.
2.5.3 - June 2022
- Fix problem with saving images not working.
- Stop the painting cursor from getting in the way when drawing.
- Hide painting cursor on small brush sizes since it’s barely visible anyway 😉. Should be a bit quicker.
2.5.2 - May 2022
- Add pipette for picking colours from the drawing. This includes backgrounds, so you can pick any image and get whatever colours you like.
- Add colour hex value to colour palette choices.
- Fix color picker display height.
2.5.1 - March 2022
- Add emoji art to the gallery.
- Add more stickers.
- Fix comic book image generation that was drawing the pages at the wrong size.
- Fix ensure a frame is selected when you undo a change.
- Fix zoom when resizing window.
- Fix text escaping in text input so that characters display properly.
- Small improvement to undos to ensure a frame is always selected when you undo a deleted frame. Could do with further work but better than it was.
- Update the website gallery to make it easier to add new content.
2.5.0 - February 2022
2.4.0 - October 2021
- Add ‘notes’ panel to save notes per frame.
- Add a ‘comic’ export type. This is similar to the image export but adds a smaller gap between the images, and a border around each image so they don’t blend into one.
- Add new paper textures that can be used for background images.
- Add a dark mode color scheme and improve colours in the app.
- Change credits on image export so they only add once, and not on every frame.
- Change the Eraser Brush so the line doesn’t get smoothed allowing for more accurate previews.
- Change background settings window layout to allow for more things with less complexity.
- Tweak button highlight & hover colours for clarity.
- Simplify CSS styles.
2.3.0 - June 2021
- Add an Eraser!!!
- Add New File Dialog (with different size animations).
- Optimize browser saving, which should reduce processing and generally speed up the application.
- Fix webcam images not working properly.
- Fix sticker outlines so that they are a consistent size.
- Fix possible XSS problem.
- Fix issue caused by changing export file names.
- Fix frame length tooltips.
- Add emojis to the text input when adding new text.
- Add a short message explaining where files go when you download (save/ export) them.
- Add a change button to the colour splat to make it clearer you can change the current colour.
- Change drawing behaviour. If a fill colour is set then a shape will be filled once the drawing operation is completed.
- Change tool colour (eg brush size) so it always uses the stroke colour, and not the fill colour, because the brush will never paint with the fill colour.
- Tweak onion skinning to make it easier to see what is happening.
- Fix bug to ensure background images get rendered for loaded & recovered animations.
- Fix bug where the dotted lines might show up on scratch and marker brushes.
- Fix selected colour not always being correct when reseting colour palette.
- Fix issue with frame duration being ‘undefined’ which breaks exporting and playback.
- Make the close and back button in the window overlays stick to the top of the page so they are always visible when you scroll.
- Improve the tooltips on the tool selector.
- Rejig html code to allow for simpler reuse in the future.
- Add copy and paste buttons to the toolbar so that they can work on tablets.
- Add ‘Flip H’ and ‘Flip V’ buttons for flipping objects horizontally and vertically.
- Add Webcam background image.
- Add new ‘Smooth’ paintbrush. This is the same as the regular brush but it smooths out the lines a lot more. Great for big shapes, but it will remove (smooth out) small details.
- Separate Save and Export Options.
- Simplify top menu by removing confusing icons.
- Fix backgrounds not reloading.
- Optimise the local browser saving so that it doesn’t get triggered by unrelated data render changes such as opening a menu.
- Change all shapes to use SVG shapes, which reduces code, and standardizes usage.
- Make some JS load ‘just in time’ which reduces download.
- Version 2 is a total rewrite from what came before. Everything is new! 😃