This is the beta version of Brush Ninja Version 2. It is unfinished, so there may be bugs. Hopefully it will give you a good idea of what I have been making.
I'd love to get feedback, and bug reports. You can use the button below, or the link at the top of the page.Ok, let's animate Send Feedback
Enter your text in the box above. You can use the edit button to change the text you add, or go to select mode to edit the text you have already added.
Select a background for your animation. This will apply to all frames.
Note: If there is a background image then the background color will be ignored.
The frame rate describes the amount of pictures that are displayed each second.
- A frame rate of 1 will show 1 picture every second.
- A frame rate of 10 will show 10 frames a second.
Traditional animation generally uses 25 frames a second. Modern video games aid for 60 frames per second.
- 1 - Select paint brush.
- 2 - Select shape tool.
- 3 - Select line tool.
- 4 - Select eraser tool.
- 4 - Select text tool.
- 6 - Select tools (move, rotate etc).
- Ctrl + z or Command + z - undo. This only undoes drawings on the current frame and is reset when you change frame.
- Space - Play animation.
- Left arrow - Select previous frame.
- Right arrow - Select next frame.
- delete or backspace - Delete current frame.
- Shift - When painting with shapes this constrains the shape to a square. When painting with lines this constrains the lines to 45 degree angles.
- n - New frame.
- d - Duplicate current frame.
- f - Set the currently selected frame as the first frame in the animation.
- Escape or right click whilst drawing - Cancel current drawing operation.
- [ & ] - Move through the brushes for the current tool. For most brushes this increases or decreases the size of the brush.
- o - Toggle onion skinning. This flips both before and after settings, so if one is on and one off then they will invert.
- t - Change transparency of the brush.
- p - Display quick palette selection window.
- l - Display the quick tool selection window.
- r - Clear the current frame.